The hydroelectric turbine is one of the key components in a Hydroelectric Power Plant. Its efficiency is influencing the total plant performance. Therefore, it is important to monitor the turbine efficiency to ensure highest level and reliable productivity, preventing unplanned downtime.
The FLUXUS non-invasive ultrasonic flow meter is the ideal instrument for cost-efficient monitoring of the turbine flow rate, as it is clamped-on the penstock without pipe work and the need to interrupt the plant process. It can be easily retrofitted. Due to its rugged and robust design it withstands even the harshest environments.
- Permanently stable measurement without any wear and tear
- Rugged and robust mounting (IP68 transducers available)
- Reliable and accurate bidirectional flow measurement (especially important for pumped storage plants)
- Up to 4 channels per device available for highest accuracy and compensation of disturbed flow
- Installation and set-up of the clamp-on measurement system without invasive pipe work and leakage risk
- Very economical alternative to wetted instrumentation such as Inline flow metering
- Temperature compensation according to ASME standard MFC-5.1
- Permanent acoustic coupling, virtually maintenance-free
- Variety of transducer frequencies and sound propagation allows for reliable flow measurement in penstocks up to 6500mm in diameter