The online concentration analysis of liquid media is one of the most critical parameters for a proper process and quality control within the chemical industry. The PIOX R monitors, records and controls the concentration of dissolved solids in production lines. There the process refractometer measures the refractive index continuously and in real time. Thus, determining the concentration, mass ratio, density or dissolves solids contents of binary or quasi-binary liquids.
Installed in main pipe, by-passes, mixing tanks, reaction vessels and storage tanks, the refractive sensor monitors acids, caustics, solvents, glycols, cooling oils, cleaning agents and other liquid products.
In order to withstand the harsh conditions of the industrial environment, the durable stainless-steel housing is equipped with FFKM gaskets as well as media and scratch resistant sapphire optics. This provides users in chemical, textile, automotive or semiconductor industry with the ideal solution for continuously quality control.
When dealing with highly corrosive chemicals, such as hydrochloric, strong sulfuric or hydrofluoric acid, PIOX R is also available as a special carbon reinforced PTFE design variant offering an unrivalled corrosion resistance, long term stability and reliability.
- drift free, precise and long-term stable measurements thanks to Patented transmitted light measurement principle
- robust measurement even with deposits on optics
- No flow velocity needed - as known from conventional technologies
- Internal self-diagnostic tools for predictive and low maintenance efforts
- Wetted parts in Teflon
- ATEX Zone 0/1 certified
- Wide measuring range from (nD) 1,3 to 1,7
- Ready for Advanced Meter Verification
concentration g/l, mass and vol.%,
additional quantities programmable
Transmitter R721: aluminum or stainless-steel enclosure, IP66, ATEX (IECEx) zone 2
PTFE carbon-fiber reinforced