Portable flow measurement of Compressed Air and Thermal Energy in hazardous areas
The FLUXUS G608 CA Energy is the ideal tool for carrying out complete energy efficiency tasks (e.g. according to DIN ISO 50001 standards) within hazardous areas (ATEX Zone 1/2 and FM Class I, Div.2 approval) by allowing the measurement of compressed air flow rates as well as the monitoring of thermal energy quantities and the flow rate determination of any kind of liquid or gaseous media with just one device.
It is engineered to survey whole compressed air infrastructures, balancing the facilities, measuring on nearly every individual leg, determining the efficiency of compressors and last, but not least, to quantify and localize leaks.
It measures gas / compressed air-filled pipes with an inner diameter of DN6 up to DN2100 and from 3 bar pressurization upwards (for plastic pipes measurements can be undertaken at atmospheric pressure and below) by applying FLEXIM's proven transit-time correlation technique. Special ultrasonic Lamb and shear wave transducers are simply clamped onto the outside of the pipe, thus no cutting into the pipe or process interruption is required for installation - especially a benefit for facilities where pipes can't be depressurized easily. It also means, that the flow meter can never be a potential source for leak itself - a problem that conventional flow meters technologies are often facing!
Moreover, as the G608 CA Energy flow meter is highly mobile and flexible, it can be used nearly anywhere - punctual measurements at the same spot every time are thus a thing of the past.
The FLUXUS G608 CA Energy not only offers the flow measurement of compressed air, but also the quantification of thermal energy streams at heating or cooling plants - thus being the ideal tool for tapping into energy saving potentials.
Its accuracy and reliability is unrivaled - not only because of the carefully matched and paired 4-Wire PT100/1000 temperature probes or the enthalpy curves that are programmed into the transmitter.
The FLUXUS G608 CA Energy flow meter offers maximum flexibility
As all of FLEXIM's portable flow meters, the G608 CA Energy's ergonomic design offers simple handling and maximum ease of use. Its internal Li-Ion battery allows for up to 14 hours of autonomous measurement. Algorithms such as the correction of pipe wall echoes and transducer positioning errors ensure reliable and accurate measurement even in the most demanding application conditions.
- The ideal measuring device for complete energy efficiency tasks (e.g. according to DIN ISO 50001) within hazardous areas
- Non-invasive measurement for precise bi-directional, highly dynamic compressed air, gas, liquid and thermal energy flow rates
- Ideal for inner pipe diameters ranging from DN6 to DN2100 (DN6000 for liquids) and pressures from 3 bar upwards (at plastic pipes at atmospheric pressure and below)
- Portable, easy-to-use flow transmitter with 2 flow channels, multiple inputs/outputs and an integrated data logger with a serial interface
- Automatic loading of calibration data and transducer detection reducing set-up times and providing precise, long-term stable results
- Li-Ion battery providing up to 14 hours of measurement operation
- Proven clamp-on technology, transducers resistant to dust and humidity
- Probe for wall thickness measurement available
- QuickFix for fast mounting of the flow transmitter in difficult conditions