The ultrasonic flow meter for operation in hazardous areas
The FLUXUS F809 is FLEXIM's dual channel ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter for bi-directional flow measurement of liquids in hazardous areas (ATEX, IECEx Zone 1 and FM Class I, Div. 1 approved).
With its flameproof housing and the corrosion resistant transducers residing outside the pipe wall, but inside the rugged VARIOFIX C mounting fixture, ensuring a permanent contact pressure and high mechanical stability, the FLUXUS F809 series is perfectly suited for every demanding industrial application. The connection and electronics compartments of the FLUXUS F809 are hermetically sealed, so that the measurement system provides maximum operational reliability and safety.
Not only is the FLUXUS F809 rugged and reliable, but it is also precise. Thanks to carefully matched and temperature compensated transducers (fully ANSI / ASME MFC 5M compliant), the FLUXUS F809 offers an unmatched zero-point stability and precise bi-directional flow measurement of virtually any liquid media - ranging from crude oil to refined products and chemical media - over a practically unlimited turndown range.
The FLUXUS F809 flow meter can be applied on inner pipe diameters ranging from 10 mm to 6500 mm (no limitations on pipe wall thickness or material) and media temperatures from -190°C up to +630°C (by use of the high temperature mounting fixture WaveInjector).
With up to two measurement channels, the FLUXUS F809 flow meter is also ideal for difficult measurement points with non-ideal flow profiles. Even liquid streams with high solids content or gas bubbles are not a problem due to the innovative HybridTrek mode and the unique signal processing implemented into the flow computer.
- Bi-directional flow measurement of liquids and gases in FM Class I, Div. 1 and ATEX / IECEx Zone 1 areas
- Very cost effective: No pipe work, No process shut-down, Virtually maintenance-free
- Matched, paired and wet calibrated flow transducers (traceable certification to national standards)
- Excellent zero-point stability and drift-free
- Wide turndown ratio
- Independent of pipe size, material, operating pressure, medium and temperature (from as low as -170 °C up to +630 °C)
- High tolerance to entrained solids and gases
- Free of wear and tear and abrasion
- Not prone to clogging or corrosion
- No pressure loss or risk of potential leaks and fugitive emissions
FM Class I - Div1
FM Class I - Div1
4-20mA HART active/passive
4-20mA passive intrinsic safety