Operational safety is very important. Recognizing leakages at an early stage to prevent flooding and damage to the plant equipment or even rupture is essential. Monitoring the flow velocity in penstocks of hydroelectric power plants (HPP) is important, too, for ensuring a safe operation of the plant.
FLEXIM’s non-invasive flow meters are the ideal retrofit solution for such large pipes. Simply clamped on to the outside pipe wall, no cutting or welding on the pipe is needed and the rugged stainless steel mounting fixture, housing the IP68 transducers, withstands even the harshest environments.
- Effective increase in plant safety at low cost and with very little effort compared to the installation of wetted measuring technology.
- Reliable and accurate bidirectional flow measurement (especially important for pumped storage plants)
- Installation and set-up of the clamp-on measurement system without invasive pipe work and leakage risk
- External measurement not subject to wear and tear
- Cost-efficient alternative to wetted instrumentation such as Inline ultrasonic flow metering
- High repeatability
- Rugged and robust mounting (IP 68 transducers available)
- Permanent acoustic coupling, virtually maintenance-free
- Temperature compensation according to ASME standard MFC-5.1
- Variety of transducer frequencies and sound propagation allows for reliable flow measurement in penstocks up to 6500mm in diameter