The Offshore Gas Flow Meter
The FLUXUS G801 is an ultrasonic gas flow meter for permanent installation in rough and hazardous Offshore environments.
The especially robust G801 is completely seawater and seaspray-resitant and therefore ideal for applications on Oil&Gas extraction platforms.
The flow meter is encased in a Stainless Steel housing and can be operated by a magnet pen without opening the housing. It is certified for usage in potentially explosive areas (ATEX (IEC) certified for Zone 1).
The calibration data is automatically loaded by connecting the transducer to the transmitter, reducing the set-up times and providing precise, long-term stable results. The transducers are available for a wide range of inner pipe diameters (1/4 to 63 inches ), fluid temperatures (-40°F to 390°F) and are resistant to dust and humidity.
The measurement is completely unaffected by gas density, viscosity and composition, temperature or pressure.
- Non-intrusive clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement - no need to cut or weld the pipe
- Highly cost efficient: No process shut-down for installation requiered, virtually no maintenance needed due to permanent coupling and optimal device protection
- For explicit usage in hazardous areas - ATEX and IECEx Zone 1 approved flow meter
- Exact and reliable bi-directional measurement of actual and standard volume flows of gases over a wide turndown ratio
- Stainless Steel (SS316) field enclosure and transducer housing as well as rugged mounting fixtures with steel armored cables - Seawater resistant and corrosion proof
- Highly zero point stable and drift free due to paired transducers and an integrated temperature compensation (ANSI/ASME compliant)
- Two transducer technolgies - Lamb and Shear Waves - for the most accurate measurement on the market
- Operational safe and highly accuracte measurement even at wet gas
- Automatic recognition of the connected transducers and calibration data - high ease-of-use and user menu intuivity
- Sophisticated diagnostic tools for optimal set-up and control of the measurement system
Designed for industrial use in harsh environments, in gas processing and natural gas extraction, chemical industry and in the petroleum industry.
- Measurement on Offshore platforms
- Measurement of synthesized gas and injection gas
- Measurement for the gas utilities industry
|FLUXUS® G801: permanent gas flow meter for hazardous areas in the Offshore environment|
|Measuring channels||1 or 2|
|Protection degree||NEMA 4x|
|Hazardous area classification||ATEX Zone 1 and 2|
|Outputs||1 current output, 1 binary output (OC). Also available: 1 or 2 binary outputs (relay), 1 binary output (OC) and 1 current output|
|Calculation of the standard volume flow flow based on AGA-8||Yes|
|Media temperature||-40°C ... 200°C|
|Pipe diameter range||7mm ... 1600mm|
|Operating pressure range||no limitation|
|Flow velocity range||0,01 ... 35 m/s (dependent on pipe size)|
1% ... 3% of reading +/- 0,01 m/s, depending on application
0,5% of reading +/- 0,01 m/s, field calibrated