The Explosion-proof Expert
The FLUXUS G800 is the ideal gas flow meter for permanent installation in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX (IECEx) approved for Zone 1). With its flameproof housing (IP66) the gas flow meter is designed for industrial use in harsh environments such as in gas processing plants and natural gas extraction or the chemical and petrochemical industry.
The FLUXUS G800 gas flow meter allows for an inherently bi-directional gas flow measurement of operational and standard volume flows. As the transducers are mounted on the outside of the pipe wall, the system does not suffer from wear and tear or clogging, can't be a risk for leaks and will not cause any pressure drops inside the pipe.
Due to its matched and paired transducers as well as the internal temperature compensation (compliant to ANSI/ASME) the measurement system is drift free and zero stable ensuring accurate readings. Moreover, as the transducer calibration data is automatically loaded by connecting the transducer to the transmitter, set-up times are reduced and precise, long-term stable results are provided.
The gas flow meter can be applied at inner pipe diameters ranging from 1/4 to 63 inches (no limitations on pipe wall thickness or material) and media temperatures from -40°F to 390°F. Moreover, the measurement system is independent of the pressure inside the pipe.
With up to two measurement channels, the FLUXUS G800 permanent gas flow meter can also be applied to difficult measurement points and is completely unaffected by gas density, viscosity and composition as well as temperature and pressure. Even wet gas up to Liquid Volume Fractions of 5% can be measured.
- Non-intrusive clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement - no need to cut or weld the pipe
- Highly cost efficient: No process shut-down for installation requiered, virtually no maintenance needed due to permanent coupling and optimal device protection
- For explicit usage in hazardous areas - ATEX and IECEx Zone 1 approved flow meter
- Exact and reliable bi-directional measurement of actual and standard volume flows of gases over a wide turndown ratio
- Stainless Steel (SS316) field enclosure and transducer housing as well as rugged mounting fixtures with steel armored cables - Seawater resistant and corrosion proof
- Highly zero point stable and drift free due to paired transducers and an integrated temperature compensation (ANSI/ASME compliant)
- Two transducer technolgies - Lamb and Shear Waves - for the most accurate measurement on the market
- Operational safe and highly accuracte measurement even at wet gas
- Automatic recognition of the connected transducers and calibration data - high ease-of-use and user menu intuivity
- Sophisticated diagnostic tools for optimal set-up and control of the measurement system
|FLUXUS® G800: permanent gas flow meter for hazardous areas|
|Measuring channels||1 or 2|
|Operating temperature of transmitter||-5°F ... 140°F|
|Protection degree (acc. to EN60529)||IP66|
|Hazardous area classification||ATEX Zone 1 and 2|
|Outputs||1 current output, 1 binary output (OC). Also available: 1 or 2 binary outputs (relay), 1 binary output (OC) and 1 current output|
|Calculation of the standard volume flow based on AGA-8 / ISO 12213-1||Yes|
|Media temperature||-40°F to 390°F|
|Pipe diameter range||1/4 to 63 inches|
|Operating pressure range||no limitation|
|Flow velocity range||0.03 ... >100 ft/s (dependent on pipe size)|
1% ... 3% of reading +/- 0.03 ft/s, depending on application
0,5% of reading +/- 0.03 ft/s, field calibrated