FLUXUS ADM 8127 -
The ultrasonic flow meter for Offshore and Mining applications
The FLUXUS ADM 8127 flow meter for liquids is FLEXIM's solution for explosion hazard environments Offshore (being ATEX (IECEx) approved for usage in zones 1 and 2).
With a flameproof field-enclosure made entirely of stainless steel, the flow meter is permanently seaspray and seawater proof and can easily be operated by a magnet pen without having to open the housing.
The FLUXUS ADM 8127 flow meter allows for an inherently bi-directional flow measurement of volume and mass flow rates of nearly any liquid media - ranging form crude oil to refined products - and can be equipped with various outputs to be used for a sophisticated process control. As the ultrasonic transducers are mounted on the outside of the pipe wall, enclosed in the rugged stainless steel VARIOFIX C mounting fixture, the system does not suffer from wear, tear or clogging and can't be a risk for leaks.
Due to its matched and paired transducers as well as the internal temperature compensation (compliant to ANSI/ASME regulations), the measurement system is drift free and zero stable. Moreover, as the transducers calibration data is automatically loaded by connecting the transducer to the transmitter, set-up times are significantly reduced. As of its exceptional dual-uP technology, the high number of measuring cycles per second and the adaptive signal processing, the FLUXUS ADM 8127 flow meter produces stable and reliable measuring results even under the most difficult conditions.
The ADM 8127 flow meter can be applied at inner pipe diameters ranging from 0.4 inches up to 20 feet (no limitations on pipe wall thickness or material) and media temperatures from -40°F up to 750°F (by usage of the high temperature mounting fixture WaveInjector).
With up to two measurement channels, the FLUXUS ADM 8127 flow meter can also be applied to difficult measurement points with non-ideal flow profiles. Even liquid streams with a high content of solids or gas bubbles are not a problem due to the innovative HybridTrek mode implemented into the flow computer.
- Ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter with two measurement channels and ATEX Zone 1 approval
- Rugged seawater resistant SS316 Stainless Steel flameproof housing
- Installation and parametrisation without having to open the housing
- Installation without process shut-down
- Very cost efficient measurement system - virtually no maintenance needed
- Stable, accurate and reliable measurement readings due to matched and temperature compensated transducers as well as innovative digital signal processing
- Independent of entrained particles or gas bubbles
- Flexible configurable outputs
- Measurement at any pipe material, size, wall thickness and at temperatures from -170°C up to 400°C and beyond (with WaveInjector mounting fixture)
- Independent of pressurization inside the pipe
- Flow measurement of injection media, e.g. methanol
- Flow measurement of injected and produced water
- Flow Measurement at Separators
- Measurement of the feeding process into sand separators for process management
- Flow measurement of condensate
- Measurement on high pressure systems
- and more.
- For use in explosive atmosphere areas in the underground mining (Equipment group I, category M2)
|FLUXUS® ADM 8127: Offshore Flow Meter for hazardous areas|
|Flow channels||1 or 2|
|Temperature range of the transmitter||-4°F ... 120°F|
|Protection degree (acc. to EN60529)||IP 66 (Transmitter)|
|Hazardous area classification||
ATEX zone 1 and 2
ATEX mining certification optional
FM approved transducers available
|Outputs||1 current, 1 binary (OC)|
|Also available||1 or 2 binary outputs (relay), 1 binary (OC) and 1 current, 1 binary (OC) and 1 frequency|
|Communication Protocol||HART, Modbus (RS485)|
|Media temperature||-40°F ... 750°F (with high Temperature WaveInjector mounting fixture)|
|Pipe diameter range||0.4 inches ... 20 feet|
|Flow velocity range||0.03 ... 75 ft/s|
±1.6 % of reading ±0.03 ft/s
±1.2 % of reading ±0.03 ft/s (extended calibration)
±0,5 % of reading ±0.03 ft/s, field calibrated
Corrosion-proof and seawater-proof flow meter; resistant to saltwater mist
Connection enclosure and electronics enclosure are hermetically sealed
Connection compartment: increased safety, Output circuits: intrinsic safety
240V or 24V DC power supply version of the transmitter available