The FLUXUS ADM 8027 -
The ultrasonic flow meter for explosion hazardous areas
The FLUXUS ADM 8027 is FLEXIM's permanent flow meter for explosion hazard environments (being ATEX (IECEx) approved for usage in zones 1 and 2).
With its rugged, flameproof and water-tight field-enclosure, the flow meter - which can easily be operated by a magnetic pen without having open the housing - is especially designed for its usage in rough industrial environments such as in Chemical and Petrochemical plants or Refineries.
The FLUXUS ADM 8027 flow meter allows for an inherently bi-directional flow measurement of volumetric and mass flow rates of nearly any liquid media - ranging form crude oil to refined products - and can be equipped with various outputs for a sophisticated process control. As the ultrasonic transducers are mounted on the outside of the pipe wall, enclosed in the rugged stainless steel VARIOFIX mounting fixtures and connected to the transmitter through steel armored cables, the system does not suffer from wear, tear or clogging and can't be a risk for leaks.
Due to its matched and paired transducers as well as the internal temperature compensation (compliant to ANSI/ASME regulations), the measurement system is drift free and zero stable. Moreover, as the transducers calibration data is automatically loaded by connecting the transducer to the transmitter, set-up times are significantly reduced. As of its exceptional dual-uP technology, the high number of measuring cycles per second and the adaptive signal processing, the FLUXUS ADM 8027flow meter produces stable and reliable measuring results even under the most difficult conditions.
The FLUXUS ADM 8027 flow meter can be applied at inner pipe diameters ranging from 10mm up to 6500mm (no limitations on pipe wall thickness or material) and media temperatures from -256°F up to 750°F (by usage of the high temperature mounting fixture WaveInjector).
With up to two measurement channels, the FLUXUS ADM 8027 flow meter can also be applied to difficult measurement points with non-ideal flow profiles. Even liquid streams with a high content of solids or gas bubbles are not a problem due to the innovative HybridTrek mode and the unique signal processing implemented into the flow computer.
- Ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter with two measurement channels and ATEX Zone 1 approval
- Rugged Stainless Steel flameproof housing, stainless steel armored cables and transducers mounting fixture
- Installation and parametrisation without having to open the housing
- Installation without process shut-down
- Very cost efficient measurement system - virtually no maintenance needed
- Stable, accurate and reliable measurement readings due to matched and temperature compensated transducers as well as innovative digital signal processing
- Independent of entrained particles or gas bubbles
- Flexible configurable outputs
- Measurement at any pipe material, size, wall thickness and at temperatures from -275°F up to 750°F and beyond (with WaveInjector mounting fixture)
- Independent of pressurization inside the pipe
- Measurement at nearly all flow measurement points within a Refinery, such as distillation columns, crackers and cokers
- Monitoring the flow of heat transfer oil in distillation columns
- Measurement of basic materials as well as intermediate and final products
- Measurement at high temperatures up to 750°F, for example tar, bitumen, quench liquids
- and more
- Flow measurement in hazardous areas
- Measurement of preliminary products within production processes, e.g. polyurethane or MID
Natural gas processing - liquid media
- Measuring of injection media (monoethylamine, triethylene glycol, etc...)
|FLUXUS® ADM 8027: An Expert for Hazardous Areas|
|Flow channels||1 or 2|
|Temperature range of the transmitter||-4°F ... 140°F|
|Protection degree (acc. EN60529)||IP66 (Transmitter)|
|Hazardous area classification||
ATEX zone 1 and 2
ATEX mining certification optional
FM approved transducers available
|Outputs||1 current output, 1 binary output (OC)|
|Also available||1 or 2 binary outputs (relay), 1 binary output (OC) and 1 current output|
|Communication Protocol||HART, Modbus (RS485)|
|Media temperature||-40°F ... 390°F / -256°F ... 750°F with high temperature WaveInjector mounting fixture|
|Pipe diameter range||0.4 inches ... 20 feet|
|Flow velocity range||0.03 ... 75 ft/s|
±1.6 % of reading ±0.03 ft/s
±1.2 % of reading ±0.03 ft/s (extended calibration)
±0.5 % of reading ±0.03 ft/s, field calibrated
Connection enclosure and electronics enclosure are hermetically sealed
Connection compartment: increased safety, Output circuits: intrinsic safety
240V or 24V DC power supply version of the transmitter available