- FLUXUS® ADM 7407 - The Flow Meter for permanent installation
- Technical Facts
FLUXUS® ADM 7407 - The ultrasonic flow meter for permanent installation
With one or two flow channels and versatile electrical inputs and outputs, the FLUXUS ADM 7407 can optimally be configured to your application needs, measuring and handling a variety of process parameters.
The FLUXUS ADM 7407 features a robust metal field housing. Its clamp-on flow transducers are simply mounted onto the pipe from the outside and are thus installed quickly, without any process interruption and without any production stop.
Since the flowmeter's transducers are not in contact with the medium to be measured, they are not submitted to wear and tear. Transducers for the common pipe diameters (0,25 to 63 inches feet) and temperatures ranges (from -256°F to 750°F) as well as hazardous zones (ATEX and FM) are available.
The measurement is pressure independent and can take place on pipes of almost any materials and on almost any liquid.
The flowmeter is the ideal instrument for monitoring chemically agressive, toxic or just media that you want to keep inside the pipe.
Thanks to its exceptional dual-uP technology, the high number of measuring cycles per second and the adaptive signal processing, the FLUXUS® ADM 7407 produces stable and reliable measuring results even under difficult conditions.
No zeroing procedure is necessary at the commisioning since all transducer pairs are factory calibrated and the calibration data is permanently stored in the transducers themselves (EPROM).
An extended status display helps the user to judge the measuring situation and the current accuracy directly during the measurement.
The FLUXUS ADM 7407 is delivered with with one or two flow measurement channels. Additionally, it can be equipped with various outputs and up to 4 process inputs. The input quantities (e.g. temperature or pressure) can be used by the flowmeter together with the measured flow for the calculation of further quantities: e.g. energy, mass flow, etc.
- Ultrasonic flow meter with 1 or 2 flow channels
- Installation without process interruption and without production stop
- Low installation and operation costs (independent of pipe pressure and size)
- Stable and reliable measuring results even under difficult conditions through unique adaptive signal processing
- Integrated energy and flow calculator
- Versatile electrical inputs and putputs for the optimal adaptation to the individual application needs (e.g. T, p)
- Ideal solution for the measurement of aggressive, corrosive or toxic media in hazardous areas ( FM Class I Div II / ATEX Zone 2 version available)
- Highly reliable and accurate based on the DSP and FLEXIM's signal evaluation algorithms
- Exhaustive internal database with complete Parameterset aof a variety pipe materials and media
- Ideal system for permanent Energy Metering / BTU
- Measurement at up to 750°F hot pipes by using the patented WaveInjector Solution
- Measurement of all liquids, also corrosive or toxic media (acids, bases), non-conductive media, highly viscous media, media containing fibers or solid particles, long-chained polymers and much more
- Measurement of high temperature liquids, such as heat transfer media (water/glycol at 480°F) and thermal oils
- Measurement of basic materials as well as intermediate and final products
- Measuring at high temperatures, for example tar, bitumen, quench liquids
- Measurement of the cooling water, boiler feed water, condensate and heat circuits
- Measurement of fuel lines
- Measurement of reservoir water lines and large tubes for hydroelectric plants
Oil and Gas
- Measurment of all hydrocarbon liquids, on high pressure systems and high temperatures (Upstream, Midstream and Downstream)
Facility management / Energy Metering - BTU
- Monitoring and optimization of heating and air conditioning systems in large building complexes
- Pump control
Pharmaceutical and semiconductor industry
- Measurement of ultra pure fluids, even in PVC, PFA and glass pipes
Food and beverage industry
- Hygienic contact-free measurement of liquids
- Thermal energy measurement in the energy supply of central boilers and sanitizing machines
- Flow measurement on large diameter pipes (influent, effluent, sludges)
- Consumption and distribution measurements
- Measurement on underground or underwater pipes (Municipal)
- Chemical flows (small pipe and low flows)
Mechanical engineering and plant engineering
- Leak detection on hydraulic systems
- Measurement of cooling lubricant
- Monitoring of heat and cooling circuits and of pumps
|FLUXUS® ADM 7407: liquid flow meter for permanent installations|
|Flow channels||1 or 2|
|Operating temperature range of transmitter||-10°C ... 60°C|
|Degree of protection||NEMA 4X|
|Available Hazardous Area Classification||FM Class I Div II (ATEX Zone 2 optional)|
A variety of combinations are available from the following:
current (0/4 mA ... 20 mA), voltage, frequency, pulse, alarm
|Inputs||Maximum 4, Available are: Temperature (PT 100 4-wire), current, voltage|
|Communication Protocol||HART, ModBus und RS485|
|Media temperature||-40°C ... 200°C (-160°C ... 400°C with High Temperature WaveInjector mounting fixture)|
|Pipe diameter range||6 mm ... 12.000 mm|
|Flow velocity range||0,01 ... 25 m/s|
±1.6 % of reading ±0.01 m/s (standard)
±1.2 % of reading ±0.01 m/s (extended calibration)
±0.5 % of reading ±0.01 m/s (field calibrated)