Heavy Crude Oil flow measurement
- Heavy Crude Oil flow measurement
- Overflash Mass Flow Measurement at 720°F
- Heat Transfer Oil at High Temperatures
- Heavy Gasoil in Vacuum Destillation Tower
- Fluidized Catalytic Cracker - FCC
- Highly Viscous Coker and Visbreaker Feed
- Hot Pitch During the Distillation of Coal Tar
- Measurement of Bitumen at 700°F
- Bitumen at Oil Sand Facility
- Portable Measurement of Different Media
- Gas Flow Measurement at the main Fuel Gas Header
- High temperature flow measurement for Coker control
Due to the extreme process conditions and the high requirements for reliability in refineries, most flow measuring points are still conventionally fitted with wetted mechanical measuring equipment which works according to Bernoulli's pressure difference principle. However, even these simple and supposedly sound measuring instruments have been prone to malfunction and potential sources of danger in practice.
A particular difficulty involved in the measurement process in all refineries is the flow measurement of heavy crude oil fractions. These highly viscous hydrocarbon mixtures, which must be heated to temperatures above 700°F, so that they can remain capabale of flowing, often block the thin impulse lines of aperature measurements. This results in extensive maintenance costs with associated downtimes of plant sections.
For these reasons, a large oil producer and operator of refineries in the Middle East was looking for basic alternatives to conventional measuring technologies.
Since the flow transducers are attached to the outside of the pipe, they are not subject to wear and tear from the medium flowing in the pipe. The measuring equipment can be installed and set-up without any pipe work and during ongoing operation.
After two years of trouble free trial operation, the refinery operator decided to fit entire plant sections with the FLUXUS ADM 8027 and WaveInjector measuring equipment. More than 20 dual channel FLUXUS ADM 8027 and more than 40 WaveInjectors are now used in the refinery.
Reliable, non-intrusive and practically maintenance free flow measurement with high measuring dynamics
Increased operating safety
Installation during ongoing operation
Constant plant availability
No pressure loss
No risk of leakages
Certified transmitters and transducers for operation in potentially explosive areas.