Heat Transfer Oil at High Temperatures
- Heavy Crude Oil flow measurement
- Overflash Mass Flow Measurement at 720°F
- Heat Transfer Oil at High Temperatures
- Heavy Gasoil in Vacuum Destillation Tower
- Fluidized Catalytic Cracker - FCC
- Highly Viscous Coker and Visbreaker Feed
- Hot Pitch During the Distillation of Coal Tar
- Measurement of Bitumen at 700°F
- Bitumen at Oil Sand Facility
- Portable Measurement of Different Media
- Gas Flow Measurement at the main Fuel Gas Header
- High temperature flow measurement for Coker control
In a Dutch refinery, a special heat transfer oil is used to supply process heat for the distillation columns. The oil is heated up to 570°F and conveyed through a system of thermally insulated pipes to the columns.
Effective operation of this installation requires reliable flow measurement of the oil. Before FLEXIM's non-intrusive ultrasonic flow measurement technology was introduced, the flow was determined by means of a differential pressure measurement.
Operations had to be stopped once a year in order to carry out the inspection and maintenance of the system. The medium is a carcinogenic substance. Therefore all maintenance work required special preparation and precautions. Moreover, the measuring site is located in an explosion hazard area.
Non-intrusive flow measurement with clamp-on transducers and FLEXIM's WaveInjector® is a convenient and elegant solution to this measuring challenge. Since the transducers do not come in contact with the medium, there is no mechanical or chemical wear and tear. The meter can also be installed without opening the pipe, thus avoiding all risk of potentially dangerous leaks. Ultrasonic flow measurement will FLEXIM also offers the extra advantages that it is environmentally safe and improves plant safety and efficiency.
Reliable process control
Easy retrofitting without opening the pipe and without process interruption
No risk of toxic leak - Protection of health and environment
No wear and tear - no process interruption for inspection and maintenance