The WaveInjector - simple to install, reliable performance
The WaveInjector, along with the ultrasonic transducers, is simply clamped on to the outer surface of the pipe, using coupling plates for a proper acoustic contact. This means, that there is no need to open the pipe - no drilling, and no process shut-down is required.
Once installed, the transducers do not suffer from wear and tear of the process fluid, and they create no pressure drop. The FM, CSA and ATEX-certified transducers and transmitters are a safeguard in potentially explosive atmospheres.
FLEXIM offers a wide range of ultrasonic transducers and transmitters to match any flow measurement application. The exceptionally high dynamic range of FLEXIM's ultrasonic technology - 0.01 to 30 m/s - outperforms most other flowmeter types, offering big advantages when you need to measure widely-varying flow rates accurately.
Unique measuring technology
FLEXIM is the only producer of high-temperature non-intrusive clamp-on flowmeter technology worldwide.
The WaveInjector is used all over the world, by some of the biggest names in the process industries. The reason is clear: from crude oil to coal tar distillates. The WaveInjector remains accurate and reliable under the toughest conditions.
FLEXIM's WaveInjector has been specially engineered for high-temperature applications
Using patented technology, the WaveInjector thermally separates the ultrasonic transducer from the hot pipe, allowing permanent operations at process temperatures up to 750°F.
Overcoming the drawbacks of conventional Technologies
Traditionally, Orifice / DP meters, Coriolis meters and Vortex meters are used to measure refinery flows - especially in demanding environments. These well-known conventional flowmeter types have equally well-known shortcomings:
Intrusive flow measurement technologies require frequent servicing. As the sensors are in contact with hot and often dirty hydrocarbons they show high failure rates - and especially pressure taps for orifice plates tend to clog. Such high-maintenance measuring technologies reduce plant availability and critically undermine the profitability.
Besides, intrusive sensors create pressure losses, thus reducing process efficiency and driving energy costs.
FLEXIM's non-intrusive flow measurement, in combination with our WaveInjector, gives you the competitive edge – in process control, process management, and environmental protection.
Advantages using FLEXIM's patented WaveInjector
- Trouble-free operation at high temperatures (up to 400°C)
- No clogging, even with dirty or fouling fluids
- No pressure loss
- Installation and maintainance without process interruption
- No risk of leaks
- No pressure ports
- Fits all standard pipe sizes >DN 40 upwards
- Hazardous Area Certification
- Accurate and repeatable, even at low flows
- Wide dynamic range
- Independent of fluid or pressure
- Inherently bi-directional
- Increased operator and plant safety
- Improved plant efficiency
- Increased environmental compliance
- Easier plant start-ups and upgrades
- Increased profits due to tighter process control
- Increased application flexibility
- Decreased start-up, operating and maintenance costs
- Decreased inventory costs for flowmeters and spare parts