Temporary Thermal Energy and Flow Measurements within Production Processes
Energy in the form of heat is a significant factor in the production of foils and other synthetic surface materials - from the mixing of source materials to the calendaring and drying processes. The most common medium for the required process heat is also the most readily available: Water. Heat transfer oils only need to be used for particularly high temperatures of over 250 °C.
For more than twenty years, the maintenance department of a global manufacturer of foils has had a portable FLUXUS ultrasonic flowmeter from FLEXIM. The clamp-on ultrasonic system has proven itself time and time again and still serves well when it comes to testing the functionality of systems and components such as pumps. The clamp-on ultrasonic transducers are simply mounted on the outside of the pipe at the respective measuring point. As a result, process functions can be reliably evaluated at any time during ongoing operation and any faults can be repaired quickly.
Meanwhile, the modern successor, the FLUXUS F601, has long been added. Given the high energy costs involved in production, the non-invasive ultrasonic flow and thermal energy meter has become more and more important. The measured flow and thermal energy values determined by the clamp-on ultrasonic systems form an indispensable basis for the energy management system (according to ISO 50001 standards) which is currently being implemented.
- Reliable, wear-free flow and thermal energy measurement from outside, unaffected by solid particles carried in the liquids
- Non-invasive measuring method: measuring points can be set up easily on existing pipeline systems without any need for pipe work
- Universal tool for preliminary measurements with a view to implementing an energy management system (ISO 50001)
- Can be adapted quickly to the particular measuring task
- Sturdy, heat-resistant design – transducers are designed for continuous operation at temperatures of around 200 °C and can even be temporarily exposed to higher temperatures
- High transmitting power ensures reliable measurement even on very old pipelines with distinct incrustations